-*- mode: org; coding: utf-8; -*-
#+TITLE: infotropique Roadmap
Copyright © 2017 ng0 <email@example.com>
Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright
notice and this notice are preserved.
The goals of infotropique are:
- to integrate GNUnet into a GNU/Linux system (Guix), with the
focus on using `gnunet-fs' to publish, exchange, and receive
`binary substitutes' (compiled software), sources and more.
- to build a highly modular, privacy aware OS based on GNU GuixSD.
This includes a set of pre-configured applications and services
in different variants of the OS.
- to build independent extensions for GNUnet.
- to document GNUnet for other developers and people who will make
use of GNUnet in any way, resulting in an improved
GNUnet Reference Manual and other public documentation outputs.
- to create a reusable example case of how an operating system can
be created based on GuixSD.
- to provide easy access to the new internet as implemented by GNUnet.
One of the primary motivations is to enable people to take back control
of their everyday communication tools and data. This means we (and the
projects we are involved in) are working on removing the mandatory
points of authority people need to trust in their communication and
usage of devices.
Neither infotropique collective nor GNUnet (or Guix) are making any
money with your data. We regard infotropique as a basic tool to
enable whatever people want to achieve with a distributed network
written by the people for the people.
At the time of writing, the majority of work happens directly within
upstream projects (GNUnet, GNU Guix).
We target 2 major versions ("1.0" and "2.0"), below is a list of
features we want for them.
* 1.0 ("Düsenjet") features
- OS features:
+ basic functionality
- service definitions:
- OS templates:
+ core, mate, spectrwm, gnome, xfce4, etc.
* 2.0 features
- OS features:
+ gnunet-fs binary substitutes function
* Features for later versions
- gnunet-fs offsite datastorage project
- system / toolchain hardening
- gnunet-fs as native source for software source-locations