2018-08-18 21:50 CEST

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0005324libmicrohttpdlibmicrohttpd multi-threaded operationpublic2018-05-21 21:36
Reporteraustin 
Assigned Tosilvioprog 
PrioritynormalSeveritycrashReproducibilityhave not tried
StatusresolvedResolutionwon't fix 
PlatformAMD64OSUbuntu LinuxOS Version16.04.4
Product Version0.9.59 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0005324: Crash on socket close
DescriptionI have been working with the developers of the Janus WebRTC Gateway (https://github.com/meetecho/janus-gateway/issues/1154) to try to track down a crash in libmicrohttpd. Before the segfault I usually get errors like this (note the line numbers are from an older build of MHD).

Error in GNU libmicrohttpd daemon.c:3092: Close socket failed.
Error in GNU libmicrohttpd daemon.c:3028: Failed to lock mutex.
Error in GNU libmicrohttpd daemon.c:3101: Failed to unlock mutex.

While I am still not sure if the issue is a janus one or a mhd one, they suggested I open a bug with you. I am attaching a recent valgrind log of a crash I got. This occurred when I had not explicitly disabled libmicrohttpd but was also not using the http api. Hopefully it helps.

Please let me know what I can do to assist you in tracking this down and I will do my best to help.

Thank you.
Steps To ReproduceAll of these take place using Janus:
1) Start multiple streams (h264/Opus fed by rtp from our server). I usually do 5 or 6.
2) Start multiple browsers each viewing all of the streams (with our web-app calling janus.js to do all the negotiations). Again I set up 5 or 6 viewers, 3 computers each running one window of Chrome and another with either Firefox, Edge, or Safari depending on the OS.
3) Let the streams run for a long time (at least an hour, often much more).
    Stop all of the streams. Sometimes this alone will trigger the crash, if it does not restart the streams and this will usually be the trigger, if not continue starting and stopping until it crashes.
Additional InformationPlease take a look at the github issue. I have tried to add as many back traces and other debug logs as possible.
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

-Relationships Relation Graph ] Dependency Graph ]
+Relationships

-Notes

~0012934

austin (reporter)

Please close this bug. The issue was with Janus and not MHD.

Thank you.
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2018-04-27 21:36 austin New Issue
2018-04-27 21:36 austin File Added: valgrind-out.txt
2018-05-21 17:27 austin Note Added: 0012934
2018-05-21 21:36 silvioprog Assigned To => silvioprog
2018-05-21 21:36 silvioprog Status new => resolved
2018-05-21 21:36 silvioprog Resolution open => won't fix
+Issue History